Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Unconventional Ironman Training Techniques

First, it was the tethering of oneself to the diving blocks and swimming in place.

Then, there was scoring a week's pass to the only gym in town with a resistance pool for water walking and swimming upstream in that, on Friday night, around love birds and water walkers and various other obstacles appearing in the oval shaped pool with an island in the middle of it---kind of like Kona, except the island didn't have any spectators, and the spectators who were there were clearly curious why anyone but a masochistic lunatic would swim in this thing.

Tonight, it was walking 20 miles in the dark, just like I'll be doing in two weeks...if my feet recover by then.

Thyroid still making me tired, but I do what I can. I do what I can.

No comments: